GATE Examination 2016
Gratitude Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination for all the engineering and science graduates. Get more updates on recruitmentinfosite.com . It is an examination taken at national level to test the aptitude level of the graduates in Technology/ Architecture/ Engineering. The organizing institute of the GATE 2016 is Indian Institute of Science. With the qualifying score in GATE examination, candidates are eligible to either pursue their further studies or to apply for the job vacancies in PSUs. Further information regarding the GATE 2016 is as follows:
Pattern of Examination (GATE 2016):
The question paper in the GATE examination will be of 100 marks and consists of total 65 questions, 10 questions out of which will be completely based on General Aptitude. Code is given to various subjects of science or branches of Engineering like AE for Aerospace Engineering, GG for Geology and Geophysics etc (For more notation refer to the brochure) –
1) For codes like ME, EC, TF, XE, MT, PI, MN, EE, IN, CH, CS, BT, CE, AE, BT and AE-
(i) Engineering Mathematics- 15% out of 100 marks
(ii) General Aptitude- 15% out of 100 marks and
(iii) Subject of Paper- 70% out of 100 marks
2) For codes like PH, XL, GG, MA, CY, AR and EY-
(i) General Aptitude- 15% out of 100 marks and
(ii) Subject of Paper- 85% out of 100 marks
Question Paper Type:
The question paper will comprise of two patterns in it-
(i) Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) and
(ii) Numerical Answer Questions
For the Multiple Choice Questions, candidates will be given four options where only the right answer should be marked.
For Numerical Answer Questions, the applicants will have to right the numerical answer using virtual keypad on the screen.
Charge of Application: The candidates of General and OBC categories can pay the application fee of Rs 1500 either through online mode (Debit card/ Credit card/ Internet Banking) or by e- challan.
SC/ ST/ PWD will have to pay the sum of Rs 750 only for the same.
Eligibility Criteria for the Candidates: BE/ B. Tech/ B. Pharm/ B. Arch/ B. Sc (Research)/ B.S/ M. Sc/ M.A/ MCA/ ME/ M. Tech/ Dual Degree (after Diploma or 12th)/ Integrated M. Sc / Integrated B.S- M.S/ Professional Society Examination
Procedure to Apply: Follow the given steps to apply for GATE 2016-
1) Candidates need to visit the official web page: gate.iisc.ernet.in . They are required to register themselves with their working/ authentic email ID, phone number and a password.
2) Application form must be filled online where all the information should be filled correctly. Candidates will need to upload their scanned passport size photograph and signature along with all the necessary documents.
3) Application fee is to be paid, once the application form is filled.
4) The application form’s status should be checked.
5) For any questions or confusions, candidates can refer to the Zonal GATE Offices.
Dates to Remember:
- Closing Date of Application Procedure- 01st October, 2015
- The request to change the choice of city can be done till 20th November, 2015
- Admit Cards can be downloaded from the website from 17th December, 2015
- Online Examination of GATE 2016-
(i) 30th January, 2016- 31st January, 2016 and
(ii) 06th February, 2016 and 07th February, 2016
- Results will be announced on 19th March, 2016