GATE Exam 2015
GATE (General Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an examination conducted in India to test the knowledge of candidate in different undergraduate subject of Architecture / Technology / Engineering. The GATE-2015 test will be conducted online. Get more update on recruitmentinfosite.com . GATE score is used to take admission in various post graduate courses like M.Tech., ME., direct Ph.D., etc. Aspirants willing to apply for GATE-2015 should prepare well for the test. Details regarding examination pattern, type of questions, important dates, etc. are as follows :
GATE Examination Pattern 2015 :
The GATE-2015 paper for all the subjects comprises of 65 questions which carries 100 marks. Out of 65 questions 10 questions are from General Aptitude which carries 15 marks. There are different codes given to subjects, like CE for Civil Engineering, on which the pattern of examination depends (refer to the official notification).
1. Papers with codes XE, TF, PI, MT, MN, ME, IN, EE, EC, CS, CH, CE, BT, AG and AE- This paper comprises of subjects like Engineering Mathematics, General Aptitude and subject of the paper.
(i) Engineering Mathematics : 15 per cent of the total marks
(ii) General Aptitude : 15 per cent of the total marks
(iii) Subject of the Paper : 70 per cent of the total marks
2. Papers with codes XL, PH, MA, GG, EY, CY and AR- This paper comprises of the subjects like General Aptitude and subject of the paper.
(i) General Aptitude : 15 per cent of the total marks
(ii) Subject of the Paper : 85 per cent of the total marks.
Type of Questions :
The GATE-2015 paper will include two types of questions i.e. Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Numerical Answer Questions. Both types of questions will carry 1 or 2 marks each. Multiple Choice questions will have four options for each question and applicants have to mark the correct answer. Numerical Answer questions will require the applicant to enter one real number as the answer of the question using the virtual keypad.
Cost of Application :
Application fee has to be paid by the applicants only through Credit Card / Debit Card, Internet Banking or e-Challan. Applicants of General and OBC category have to pay Rs.1,500 as application fee. Female applicants and PWD / SC / ST category applicants have to pay Rs.750 as application fee.
Application Procedure :
1. Aspirants should visit the website : gate.iitk.ac.in and get themselves registered by providing a valid email ID, mobile number and a Password.
2. Fill the online application form with all the necessary details and upload scanned copy of photograph, signature and other relevant documents.
3. Pay the application cost through Credit Card / Debit Card, Internet Banking or e-Challan.
4. Check for the status of the application form.
5. In case of any query contact the Zonal GATE Offices.
Dates to be Noted :
GATE-2015 Online registration opens on 01-09-2014
GATE-2015 Online registration closes on 01-10-2014
Availability of Admit Card- 17-12-2014
Date of Examination- 31-01-2015, 01-02-2015, 07-02-2015, 08-02-2015 and 14-02-2015
Announcement of Results- 12-03-2015