SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2014-15 Online | Steno Exam Pattern in Hindi / English
Aspirants of SSC Stenographer Grade “C” and Grade “D” should read this section as this covers the Syllabus and Examination Pattern of the said post. Get more update on recruitmentinfosite.com . Here, the complete description of the Steno “C & D” Examination structure and content is provided so as to facilitate the candidates in their preparation. Aspirants of Steno exam should go through this stuff once.
Criteria of Selection:
Scheme of Examination:
General Awareness (50 Marks): 50 Ques.
English Language and Comprehension (100 Marks): 100 Ques.
General Intelligence & Reasoning (50 Marks): 50 Ques.
Timing of Exam: 10 AM to 12 Noon
While evaluation of answers, each wrong answer will deduct 1/4th of marks.
Syllabus of SSC Stenographer Exam:
1. General Awareness: Current Events, History, Economic Scene, Culture, General policy and Scientific Research, Geography Etc.
2. English Language and Comprehension: English Language its Vocabulary, Sentence Structure, Grammar, Antonyms, Synonyms and its correct usage Etc.
3. General Intelligence & Reasoning: Analogies, Similarities and Differences, Space Visualization, Problem Solving, Analysis, Judgment, Decision Making, Visual Memory, Discriminating observation, Relationship Concepts, Arithmetical Reasoning, Verbal and Figure Classification, Arithmetical Number Series, Non-Verbal Series Etc.
Stenography Skill Test:
Those candidates who are going to take test for Stenographer Grade C in English/Hindi medium will have to type 1 dictation for 10 minutes at a speed of 100 words per minute while selected candidates for the Stenographer Grade D post require typing 80 words per minute in the same time period.
The Transcription Time on computer should be in following way:
For Stenographer Grade D: 50 minutes (English) 65 minutes (Hindi)
For Stenographer Grade C: 40 minutes (English) 55 Minutes (Hindi)
1. If anyone does not indicate the medium of Steno Test at the appropriate column in the Application Form, then in that case, he/she has to take skill test in ENGLISH medium and thus candidate will not be able to change his medium of test.
2. No category is exempted of giving Skill Test.
3. Candidates who are opting to take skill test in English medium will need to learn Hindi Stenography or vice versa after their engagement.
Official Website of Staff Selection Commission: ssc.nic.in
Other Important Notification for You: